Review of With You and Torn From You (Tear Asunder, #1 & #2) by Nashoda Rose
Feb 10, 2014
Rating: 3.5 Stars
With the recommendation from Yaya and Miri from SMIBookClub, I have finally gotten to this series. 'With You' by Nashoda Rose is a novella giving you Emily and Scuplt/Logan's back story and how they got together before the novel 'Torn From You'. With how this novella ends and the synopsis of the next book, you can tell 'Torn' is going to be a rough read. I liked this one, but the two of them haven't grabbed me yet. I'm just not smitten. With all the red flags this dude was throwing out, she couldn't tell something was up?! It was as if he had a sign on this forehead that said "DANGEROUS! STAY AWAY!" But she just chose to ignore it. Oh Emily. My heart went out to you at the end though. Ok let's do this...I'm ready for 'Torn'!
Rating: 4 Stars
Before you go any further with this review, do yourself a BIG favor and read the novella, "With You". This is Emily and Logan backstory before all of tough, emotional, raw and horrific events that occur in "Torn...". You will think better of Logan than what you feel at the beginning of this book.
After being kidnapped the night of Logan's band performance. She awakes bound and beaten. Not knowing why she's even there. She is hoping that her love ones, especially Logan, is out there trying to look for her. He is, but not the kind of knight in shining armor she was hoping he be. She has been captured and used for a sex slave ring. Thinking Logan has played his hand in her capture, she (of course and rightfully so) feels betrayed. Logan makes a deal that no one but him will be her Master in exchange for being one of the leader's prized fighters. Stripped of her control, pride and courage, Emily must learn how to keep her emotions in check and follow everything Logan says in order for them to survive and gain their freedom.
I have to say this was a tough read for me. I was back and forth with my emotions in this book. One minute I was loving it. The next I wanted to stop reading and start a new book. The content is tough, but not unbearable to get through. I had issues with Logan's character. I'm sorry, but he was an asshole. Yes and you find out Eme's captivity was beyond his control and he had to do and say things to make him a tough Master (that dining room scene after he won that fight was just degrading). All in all he had to do what he had to do, but he could of drop hints here and there. Yes I want a lot from my male characters. Sorry! I will say this, he is sexy as hell and some of his sex scenes with Eme were drool and blushing worthy.
Beautiful Emily, I loved her. Nicknamed mouse, you would think this experience would break her down completely, it did for a time, but she fought her way back. What she didn't expect was for Logan to comeback in her life and want to pick up from where things were suppose to leave off before hell took over for a bit. You know she was thinking he was out of his mind. I liked how she just didn't run to his arms. She let him work for it. I think Eme is a strongly and well written character.
With my up and down emotions of this book I'm going to give it a 4 out of 5. Strong writing and a tragically beautiful love story will always get my heart in the end. If you are willing to fight and fight hard, love truly does conquer all.
I received an ARC of Torn From You from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for a honest review.
-Lynne























0 comments:
Post a Comment