Review of Night Owl (The Night Owl Trilogy, #1) by M. Pierce
Feb 10, 2014
Rating: 5 stars
When ANY of my friends recommend me a book from now on to read, no longer will I question why or their sanity..no, no, no. I will take the damn book and go no questions asked! In the case of this book, I should of did just that the first time around. Stupid me!!
This was a group read a few months back and honestly I wished I would of joined. Thinking back, the comments on this book didn't strike me as this being any different. He was sexy, a dirty talker, kinky and wait for it....has a rabbit as a pet. I will admit the rabbit as his pet was definitely odd and different. But still I didn't care. Well I took the lead of Miss Boss Lady J from SMIBookClub who was reading the book for the 1st time and decided to give it a try. HOLY mother of all sexy hotness in the world. You did it right when you created Matt Sky!
I'm skipping the synopsis replay I usually do in my review. This is pure emotions I'm relating here people. I want to spend most of my time telling you how much this book just turned my world upside down!
Ok let's start with Hannah. Smart, sweet, nerdy beautiful and gullible as all hell. Who in the hell gives a man you don't know from Eve your address?!?! But what transpires is the best first time sex in a book I've read thus far. My ovaries still haven't recovered. So I can't be too crazed about that. Hannah is truly smitten and loves how Matt makes her feel. It's like a crazed sex minx has been awaken in her. Some people may feel that he was a bit degrading and she set women back a few centuries. Not the case at all, so stop! What's wrong being tossed around a bit during sex? Nothing. Hannah still knew who she was and took control from time to time. Loved her until she pulled a stunt later on in the book when all hell broke loose. If this was your man like you said, you should of heard him out. But she does redeem herself, so I'm ok with her..for now.
Matt Sky....Matt...damn. Sexy, aggressive, alpha, dominate and a vulnerable beautiful man. Do you want more? Then read the book because I know I'm not going to do him justice. I've never read in a book where a man was just so damn blunt about what he wanted. He just didn't hold back when it came to Hannah, granted he was a bit shady in the 1st half of the book. Leading a bit of double life. The problem that cause this was Hannah. No one ever held his heart the way Hannah did. He had to have her and so he did! What I liked most about Matt's character is that you saw all sides of him. A very complex character that didn't seem one dimensional. Sometimes you didn't know which way was up with him. I was so afraid he was going to throw her to the curb because this attraction, obsession was just starting to become overwhelming. When he was vulnerable you wanted to do nothing more than hold him and give him it's all going to be ok, don't worry speech. You'll see what I'm talking about in the book. Another thing I liked about Matt was that his POV sound like a Male. *Que applause* Not once did I feel like I was hearing a feminine voice. He did and said what I felt a man would say and do in his situation. Note to future authors that want to write a Male POV: please take notes from M. Pierce's Night Owl. That's how it's done!
All in all these two are on my favorite couple list and Matt is on my infamous Book Hubby list. Can't wait for the follow up. I'll take more Matt in a heartbeat. Out of a 5 I'm giving this a 5. I'm going on day 4 of not starting a new book and it's all because of M. Pierce. Thank you M. Pierce. Thanks a lot






















0 comments:
Post a Comment