[REVIEW POST] ON EVERY STREET(THE ARTIST TRILOGY 1.5) BY KARINA HALLE
Nov 26, 2014
RATING: 4 STARS
Once again, I'm the nut for not reading a book or series when it was recommended to me. From how every line in this book was vividly portrayed in my mind, I feel like punching myself in the head for not jumping on this sooner. On Every Street by Karina Halle, is the prequel to Book 1 of this series entitled, Sins and Needles. It's recommended that you read this book after Sins and honestly and no disrespect to the author, I would have to disagree. On Every Street, gives you the history and the start of Javier and Ellie, (Eden White) relationship. And what a crazy relationship it is. Ellie is bent on revenge. Coming from a family of con artists, her parents set her up to steal from a big time drug lord, only to get caught and be scared for the rest of her life. Fast forward a few years later, she wants to get to Travis Raines and in order to do that she has to get on the inside of his empire. In order to do that, she must get to Travis' right hand. Enter Javier Bernal. The sexy, confident and alpha machismo. Ellie went in with her head set on revenge, but soon enough realize her heart is falling too deep for Javier instead.
Like I stated before, this book played like a movie. And not some Lifetime movie, but a movie you wouldn't mind shelling out the $12 or $13 to go see. Karina's writing is vivid and when you see yourself set in this book world as an observer in the book character's world, you know you are sold. I loved seeing the start of Ellie and Javier. Now, I've read the synopsis ahead for the series, knowing there isn't a happily ever after makes you realize what the freak happened with this two? I think Javier is one sexy mofo in this novel. He loves him some Ellie/Eden. I truly think he is taken aback of his feelings for her. I love that. Even though you know Ellie is conning and scheming you know she has STRONG feelings for him. But Ellie is a headspace. She truly can't see herself being happy and most definitely is a self sabatoger but with what she has had to deal with her entire life it's understandable. And the sex factor was high in this one. These two are sexy as hell! Lord have mercy *cold showers are needed after reading this book*
Out of a 5. I'm giving this a 4. You have me hooked Ms. Halle. Where the heck are you taking me next!
Did You Know?
On Every Street is not only the title of this novella, but an actual song by Dire Straits. This song plays a pretty big part in the book. The song is sad, haunting even, but actually very good. Give it a listen:
























0 comments:
Post a Comment