REVIEW OF KICK & USE (SONGS OF PERDITION #1 & #2) BY C.D. REISS
Jul 22, 2014

RATING: 5 STARS
My Review
I'm going to get straight to the point this book, this series, is not for the faint or prissy at heart. You can't deal with a gritty, in face, semi-dark and kinda twisted read then this is NOT YOUR BOOK. Step away from this book and my review and go on about your business to another book that will make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside because this is not it! Now with that being said, if you can handle all that I mentioned and then some then this is for YOU. I know there are a lot of you out there that loves these kinds of reads so lets move forward!
Wow! this book was a page turning, step out my face can't you see I'm reading, leave me alone type of affair! Now, I've read parts of "Songs of Submission" which focuses on Jonathan Drazen. Won't lie, wasn't the biggest fan of this series and still to this day haven't finished. Just for some reason couldn't connect with Jonathan and his woman Monica. On the other hand, "Kick" was a completely and utterly different ballgame. This book features Fiona Drazen, Johnny Boy's older sister. Sex Addict, Celebrity Princess and secret submissive slave behind close doors. She is shipped to psychiatric place after being accused of assaulting her Dom and truly the love of her life. She can't believe it and tries to piece together what exactly happen that fateful night. While doing so, she is under the care of her therapist Dr. Elliot Chapman. Together with the help of his hypnosis sessions him and her uncover things that she thought were buried and forgotten.
I thought Fiona was and is a phenomenal female character. Blunt, brutally honest, I heart that woman and need her in my life. God, I love that woman! Fiona is more the focal point I feel of this book then the two men in her life: Dom- Deacon and Elliot, her therapist. You get to know more about them in "Use". Ms. Reiss sets you up for the tornado that is "Use". I felt this book was a calm before a big storm. Great setup and just overall great writing and storytelling from Ms. Reiss' part. Damn you won me over. Don't have to tell me twice. Like I said if you can handle, PLEASE READ THIS BOOK!

RATING: 5 stars
My Review
Lord have mercy! I swear I felt like I was hit by a MAC truck the last 20% of the book. I felt like I was being hit repeatedly by said truck throughout this entire book actually. And believe me, that is NOT BAD, but a good feeling!
Fiona is still in the rich people psych ward and isn't doing much better in the beginning. Dr. Chapman...Elliot, has left and returned to his previous job. Fiona's stay has been extended because they feel she still isn't ready to face media circus and answer for a crime she may or may not have committed. Fiona is feeling one thing and one thing only: She has got to get out! And the only way to do that is to stay on her best behavior and try to start changing her ways. Of course this happens only in a perfect world and let me tell you, Fiona's world is far from perfect.
"Omg" was a phrase used after reading this book. "I can't" I know was repeated a lot as well. What do you want me to say? Another phenomenal read and followup? YES! Was Fiona on point and kick-ass? Yes! Do you feel bad for Fiona by the end of this book? Absolutely! I wanted to hug the mess out of this chick so bad. God, was a dealt a shitty hand. Another thing I want and hope we get even though I don't think in the end it will come to fruition? Fiona and Elliot together. (Fyi, this story takes please about 16 yrs prior to "Songs of Submission". If memory serves me correct, Fiona doesn't seem like a happy go lucky person. So I can only wonder what happens during those years.) Yes her and her therapist need to be a couple like, last year, so we need to make that happen Ms. Reiss. You saw two people trying to change for one another in the most opposite ways: Fiona, trying to change her sex addicted ways to something more stable and Elliot trying to open up and becoming more of a domineering man in the bedroom. Opening a whole new sexual beast that we all know lives inside him. Her Dom, Deacon, is a little suspect. I have questions about him and he makes me feel very uneasy. I truly feel she isn't safe with him. But hey what do I know, I'm just a reader!
There is a book 3 just not sure when it will be released, so I am stuck in limbo hoping and praying we get more of Fiona and Elliot...Deacon can go jump a bridge. No one cares about you go away! LOL. Yeah, Ms. Reiss you won me over! Thank you for making me a believer and a fan. Excellent series thus far. Like I said before, PICK THIS UP AND READ, READ, READ!
-Lynne























0 comments:
Post a Comment