REVIEW OF FINDERS KEEPERS (LOST AND FOUND #3) BY NICOLE WILLIAMS
Jul 17, 2014

Oh why, oh why does this series have to end! I thought Jesse Walker was my favorite cowboy, but Jesse, I’m sorry, you are going to have to step back just a tad. Mr. Garth Black has just stolen my heart. “Finders Keepers” is book 3 in the “Lost & Found” series. So before you dive right into this review you may want to proceed with caution because I could reveal some things about the story line. Sorry! Now that this disclaimer is out of the way let’s get back to Mr. Black. This book is all about Mr. Black. After helping Jesse and Rowen (the main couples of the 1st two books) find their way back from the brink, Garth is in a rut. He has closed himself off again and has made himself angry with the world. See Garth doesn’t believe in the lovey dovey stuff. As a child he never experienced love. Hate and abuse was all he knew, so once he got older he just felt love wasn’t something he could ever be capable of giving or receiving. After a tragedy strikes, he is truly left abandoned and alone. But not before the girl he swore off or to stay away from here to eternity rescues him in more way imaginable.
I was not happy that Ms. Williams was choosing to write a 3rd book. I said to myself, “Jesus Christ Ms. Williams. What more could you throw Jesse & Rowen’s way?” After finding out that it was Garth’s book, I was changing my tune. This book is told entirely from Garth’s POV. I definitely wanted to know more of Garth’s back story and get inside of his head. He is one of those mysterious characters you just have to get to know because it will just drive you crazy if you don’t. As I stated in my previous reviews, I was not a big fan of Garth. I just thought he was a cold character that was just cynical and nasty because his life wasn’t full of roses. Now, I should be a shame of myself because that’s judging someone before you truly get to know them. That’s what happens with Garth. You have to truly get to know him so you can understand why he is or acts the way he does. The girl in this book and the one that truly has his heart is Josie. He’s known Josie since Kindergarten and was smitten with her that very 1st day on the school bus. Problem was years later, Jesse swoops in and sweeps Josie off of her feet. Of course Garth is heartbroken, but never shows it. After a night together while Jesse is away proves to Garth and Josie that they were meant to be. Too bad that she was already with someone else and at that point in Garth’s life commitment and he weren’t seeing eye to eye. Of course this caused a major strain between the three friends. What I liked about Josie was that no matter the problems or “hatred” they had for one another she still gave him a place to stay after the tragic accident in his life. I liked that I got to know Josie too in this book. She and Garth are a lot alike. It’s as if you are dealing with the female version, but with more of an optimistic view on life. I was truly rooting for these two to get it together and make this work. Of course Josie is all for it, but Garth listening to outside influences has seconds thoughts. And honestly, I was surprised by that. Garth doesn’t listen to anyone but himself. For him to take “advice” from someone who doesn’t know him or truly understand their relationship made me want to slap some sense into him. There was a part in the book towards the end where you thought he was drifting back to his old ways. Advice from someone he least excepted gave him hope to stop with the woe is me and fight to win back the girl he loves and would do anything for. Thank God he listened to that words of wisdom or this would have been a completely different book and review!
Ms. Williams you have made cowboys my new favorite book boyfriends. I thought I was head over heels for Jesse, but Garth just came in and took off with my heart. I was debating with a few friends of mine what I should name my Kindle since some of them have named their Kindles based off of their favorite book boyfriends. I was going to name him James (from the Up in the Air series) Sorry, but I’m changing my mind. I’m naming him Garth. He has grown so much between book 1 and 3. I’m so happy he finally decided to give love a chance. Whose to say you can’t find love or be loved just because of the wayward paths one decides to choose for themselves? As long as you have that person in your corner and they are willing to go through the fire with you, why are you caring what anyone else is thinking? You shouldn’t and you know that. Out of 5 giving this book a 5. Looooooooooved this book and series. Definitely one of those must re-reads. Great Read!























0 comments:
Post a Comment