BLOG TOUR & REVIEW OF FINGER BANG BY JADE C. JAMISON
Jun 30, 2014
Rating:4 Stars
Excerpt:
Rachel leaned over the table and tipped her glass at Kaylee
as though it were a pointer. “I’ll
loosen you up before you graduate if it’s the last thing I do.” She sat back up and what little sobriety
she’d seemed to possess just seconds ago had disappeared. “In the meantime, Maddy, Shannon? Come with me to the bar to fetch more drinks
and we can iron out the details without making our prudish friend blush.”
Well, too late. As
the three women slid out of the booth, Kaylee felt just that—a mad red flush
racing up her face, stinging her cheeks.
She hoped it wasn’t evident in the bar or maybe she could blame it on
drinking, but Rachel had, with her few words, made Kaylee not only feel prudish
but embarrassed. And in front of all
people…
Once the women were up, though, Blaze showed no inkling of
having registered his sister’s last words.
Kaylee began to feel awkward then.
What the hell would she say to this super hot guy after a conversation
like that? She had decided to ask him
how classes were going when he said, “I can’t blame you really. I don’t think I could do that either.” He grinned.
“Even though I find the idea intriguing.” Kaylee felt her cheeks redden again, but she
smiled before looking down at her glass once more. “Not gonna pay for it, though. Fuck that.”
Kaylee picked up her glass and sipped what little water was
left in it, simply to have something to do.
Her alcohol glass was drained as well, both down to ice cubes. She didn’t know what to say so she nodded her
head and smiled. She’d always found
Blaze’s looks and charm intimidating, so she was feeling more than a little
tongue-tied. She didn’t want him to
think she was a snooty bitch, though, so she said, “I agree.”
He rested his chin on his arms on the chair and said,
“What’s the part that has you freaking out more? The fact that it would be a stranger or that
you’d be paying for it?”
His question helped her relax a little. It felt like he was taking a practical
approach and wanted to discuss the matter as two adults. They weren’t actually talking about orgasms
or…fingers and clits, for God’s sake. So
she took a deep breath and gave the matter a little thought. It didn’t take long for her to say, “I think
it’s that it’s a stranger.” She didn’t
know why she felt compelled to continue—especially
with Blaze—but she did. “Seriously. It’s hard enough to relax and then you have
someone you’ve never met before trying to make you feel good. I can’t imagine.” She smiled and rolled her eyes, hoping she
appeared relaxed now, because she was far from it.
Blaze didn’t intend to help the matter at all. “What if it was you and me?”
Had she heard him right?
And why the hell was her heart thudding in her chest? She had a hard time sucking in a breath, but
when she was able to, she asked, “What do you mean?” Her voice was so low, she was surprised he
could hear it.
“If I was the therapist.” He sat up and used the index and middle
fingers of both his hands to air quote his last word. “You know…my sister, Maddy, and Shannon go to
Boulder to have some stranger finger bang them, but what if someone you knew
took care of you here?”
Her jaw didn’t drop to the table but she had lost all
words. She just wished she could figure
out if Blaze was yanking her chain or making her the offer of a lifetime.
My Review:
I know, the title is catchy all in itself. "Finger Bang" what kind of book do you expect from a title like that? Smuttiness to the 100th power? Nope. Chicks and dudes getting banged left and right? Nope. I know! You expect there to be no depth or thought provoking story behind this...AT ALL..don't you? Well, you would be wrong again. This book, was sexy, humorous, experimental, light heart goodness all wrapped into one. For me this is my 1st Jade C. Jamison novel and definitely won't be the last.
The premise for "Finger Bang" was simple. Group of college girls find out about some orgasmic mediation that's being offered near their college campus and want to find what this class could entail. One of those college girls is Kaylee. She would be consider the person that likes to be with her loud and rambunctious friends, but doesn't want the spotlight put on her at all. She likes order to a certain extent and she wants nothing that would throw that order out of whack. They nearly beg her to take this trek with them and nicely she refuses. Lets back it up a bit. During this conversation one of the girl's brother happens to sit his sexy behind down and join in on the talk. Blake is sexy to a fault. Tall, lean with muscles, tatted with long hair. Kaylee has been crushing on Blake for awhile and she just knows he isn't into her..now fast forward a bit. Everyone has said their two cents about this orgasmic mediation. They leave for a bit and now you have Kaylee and Blake at the table...ALONE! What becomes a simple and innocence question propose by Blake leads him and her on a journey neither one ever would have expected.
This was such a cute freaking story. This orgasmic meditation is true thing that happens in Colorado. Look it up! I'll be honest not sure how I would feel if some stranger was stroking me to orgasm. I mean I would want there to be some connection and that's exactly how Kaylee was feeling. No connection and being uncomfortable with mostly a room full of people you don't know = never happening in this lifetime. When Blake offered that he could be the one to help her with this. Mouth dropped to the floor. SAY WHAT?!?! Come to find out Blake has been crushing on her too! They both were a good book couple. Kaylee was sweet, innocent and liked her alot. She was such a shy girl and kinda an ice princess in the beginning, but being with Blake opened her up as a stronger person overtime. Especially by the end. Blake was fun, sweet and intelligent guy. Sorry ladies not really much of an alpha trait in him. He was such a down to earth guy and had a bit of self-doubt about himself that is not typical or portrayed a lot in our romance novels. Bravo to the author for that. Not all men are alpha-doucheheads and then become big teddy bears towards the end of the novel. Glad this book didn't fall into that common trait.
I will say with them being in college and being YOUNG. I questioned myself how would I relate? And guess what, I actually did. Two people are crazy about each other going through the trials and tribulations of relationshiphood can speak to anyone old and young. There wasn't much drama or angst between them which wasn't bad, but I love my drawn out drama so don't fault me for taking a point off for that. It was just two people and seeing how their romance blossomed over time. Very well written first dive into Ms. Jamison work. Can't wait to read more. Out of a 5. Giving this a 4!
-Lynne
**The Nerdy Dirty Girlies Book Blog received a complimentary copy of Finger Bang by the author in exchange for a honest review**























0 comments:
Post a Comment